A step by step procedure to transfer specific emails from one email account to another.
This method is free and easy to implement.
It is easier to move all old and new emails from one account to another.
But sometimes one needs to transfer only a specific set of emails from one account to another.
The best and easy way to do this is by using an email client over IMAP.
The one I have personally used is Mozilla’s Thunderbird email client.
Yes, it is not very fancy looking, but it works.
You can use this method:
- If changing the name of a business.
- To copy your emails from the office email account to a personal email account.
Download Thunderbird and install it on your Laptop or PC.
Now you have to add the email accounts in Thunderbird between which you want to transfer emails.
Stepwise Procedure to transfer emails:
- Launch Thunderbird Client.
- Click on Accounts>Create a new account>Email, a pop-up will emerge.
- At the bottom of the pop-up click the button with the text “Skip this and use my existing email”.
- In the next pop-up, specify your name, email, and password and click on continue.
- Choose the IMAP option now and click on “Done”.
- Now, in the next screen log in to your email account with username and password as asked.
- Allow the permission to connect with Thunderbird client then.
- Now, the email account will be visible in your Thunderbird client on the left side.
- You will now notice no or a few folders listed under the account name in the client.
- To add all the folders and labels in your email account, Click on Advanced Features>Manage Folder Subscriptions or right-click on the email on the left side and click on Subscribe.
- A pop-up will emerge, check the boxes in front of all those folders you want to add, click on subscribe, and then OK.
- Wait a minute, collapse and expand the email link on the left side, now you will see all the specified labels.
- Repeat this procedure to add all the email accounts to the Thunderbird client.
- Now, select the emails which you want to move or copy from one Gmail account to another, either one by one or ctr+select multiple emails from your email account and right-click, select the move or copy option, then select the target email account and the target label or folder to move or copy selected emails to that.
You can use this procedure for various email service providers Thunderbird can connect to.